My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My strength or His?

Well, the last two days I've had my focus on me, rather than the Lord and His mighty strength. Being soley responsible for your children's education is a huge responsibility. It is definitely one the Lord has called me to, and I am being obedient to that. What I often forget is, what He has called me to do, He will equip me to do. I have been really frustrated and discouraged the last few days, because educating my children isn't a walk in the park, and is actually very difficult. My mistake though, is taking it on as my sole responsibiltiy.

The Lord was so good to show me last night and this morning that He made me the mother of my two children for a reason. He did not give me "normal" or "easy" children for a reason. I guess He believes that I can handle raising them up the way He has commanded. I know He has put those two precious children on this earth for a purpose, and it is my responsibility to make sure they are fully trained and equipped to carry out His plan. He did give us as parents that responsibility, however, He never intended for us to do it on our own. He is with us all the way guiding and leading us. When I've hit the wall, and I don't know what else to do or try, He has always been there to show me, when I've asked. He was faithful in that again. It is amazing to me, how I can be so discouraged one day and so relieved the next, but that is the beauty of having an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. The hard part of having this relationship is just like any other relationship, I have to work on it. It doesn't just happen, so when I back off and start relying on my own strengths and abilities, discouragement quickly sets in. When I put my focus back on Him, and rely on His strength, then the peace and joy comes back. Hallelujah!

I guess my point of this blog is, if you are discouraged then take a look at yourself. Are you relying on your own strenth or His?

May God bless you this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home