My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Monday, March 05, 2007

Where's Your Focus?

This morning the Lord showed me another reason I was struggling the last two months. My focus was on me and not on Him. I was feeling discouraged and defeated because my eyes were on all the little annoyances, trials, and failures of daily life instead of Him. I should be crying out to Him on a daily basis instead of letting myself get down every time something doesn't go my way. If I keep my focus on HIM, taking all these things to HIM, then I become closer to HIM and encouraged by HIM (Note it's all about HIM, HIM, HIM and not me, me, me). Instead I wallow around in self pity and allow myself to become discouraged and depressed. Of course the Lord has showed me this before. Unfortunately He has to remind me often to keep my eyes on Him and not on the things of this world.

Thank you Lord for your patience! Please help me extend that same grace and patience to my children.

Have a blessed and peaceful week and remember keep your eyes up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home