My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Set Apart

There has been so much response from the last post, that I had to come back and share even more of God's sovereignty with you. My father-in-law sent us an email after reading the post, and he said God gave Jase his strong will to overcome the odds and, "there is no telling what God has in store for him." Of course our pediatrician has told me every time I have taking in him for something (like the 2 or 3 month period, when he was 2, that he would wake up and scream from 3am to 5am because he wanted to come get into our bed, which I had only allowed one time when he was sick), "He is strong willed and God made him that way so he can achieve what God has planned for him. You are going to have to learn how to channel his determination." Easier said than done of course. He tells me that pretty much every time he sees Jase.

Getting back to the point, God did create Jase with a strong will not only to overcome his physical challenges, but also to fulfill His purpose and plan. When Jase was born I had one of those calendars over my kitchen sink that had a verse and a little devotion for each day. Several weeks after he was born, I noticed that the calendar was still on April 17 the day he was born. So I picked up to change it and I read what it said for that day: "He...set me apart, even from my mother's womb, and called me through His grace." Gal. 1:15 Then the devotion part read: "Each child has been uniquely created by God to fulfill a special part of His plan for the ages. Use every resource you can to help your child discover that part." I tore that page out and it is on the front page of his baby book.

From that moment I knew Jase would be called for something special. Of course, I did not know at that time, how often God would bring that back to my memory to encourage me that Jase will overcome, and he has been created for a special purpose just like all of us. My daughter has also been created for a special purpose. She isn't strong willed like Jase (praise God), but she is sweet, loving, compassionate, happy-go-lucky, and always has a smile on her face. The smiles of children I think are one of God's greatest gifts! They can lift the heaviest heart and light up the darkest night.

Friend, I just hope you remember that you too, have been created for a special purpose. Since we were created on purpose, we need to live our lives with purpose. Pray for God to show you your purpose, if you don't already know it. Don't just exist, live for your purpose, let God have control in your life, and live it with passion for Christ.

Have a blessed, purposeful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home