My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Friday, January 05, 2007

The New Year's Resolution!

Well it has been awhile since I have posted. We had a very busy holiday season. It was wonderful though. I had a fabulous time in New York City with my husband and some friends celebrating our 14 wedding anniversary. We also went to Tampa for a weekend for his Co. Christmas party and then home to TX (yes, we haven't actually lived in Tx for 16 years but it is still home) for Christmas. My husband took the last 2 weeks of Dec off and we had a wonderful time with him. He has 4 weeks vacation and I think he had only taken a week the whole year. That's not really a good plan, he really needed those 2 weeks and it has certainly refreshed our marriage.

It is the wonderful time of year that everyone wants to make New Year's Resolutions. I didn't make any last year because I never keep them. However I am going to this year and I would like to share mine with you. Over and over the past year a theme has come to me in bible study, sermons, books just about every where I turn God has shown me one thing over and over and I have blogged about it several times. "Keep my commands, then you will know you are mine" God says. This is repeated so many times in the Bible, and my blogs "Living Lives Set Apart" really talked about it in depth. Something I have figured out is that when God really wants me to get something and make a change in my life, He repeats it over and over. He has been repeating this theme over and over to me more than any other I believe.

In Proverbs 7:1 He says, "My son keep my words and store up my commands within you." So there you have it. Those are my 2 New Year's Resolutions:
1. "Keep my words" - Live Godly lives according to God's commands in the Bible (How do I know what those commands are? See resolution #2)
2. "Store up my commands within you." Read, study, and memorize the bible

This year I am going to resolve to have bible study time 5 days per week, prayer time everyday of the week and do my best to live as God commands. The funny thing is the living Godly part comes easy when you have the study and prayer time down. I started this past fall having a friend call me at 6:30 in the morning so I could have bible study time before I start my day. It is amazing the difference in me and my family as well because we all know that in order for the family to be at peace Mamma needs to be at peace.

How am I going to keep these resolutions - simple. Keep an accountablity partner calling me in the morning and keep my date with God Mon-Fri before I start my day. Then through prayer I will ask God to help me keep His commands and believe me He is faithful to do that. I get convicted most of the time just thinking about breaking one.

My husband said it best in his Sunday school lesson our goal for this year should be "Livin for heaven in 2007!"

May God grant you a blessed and happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home