My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unshakable

I know in my last post I said I was going to do a series on the commands of God. After praying about it though, I have decided to turn that into a Bible study for children that I can try to get published, so I am not going to blog on it. I did come across some great verses this morning that are worth blogging on.

Psalm 62

1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

These verses are addressing our security. Do you have security or are you an insecure person? If you have security where does it come from? It is reasonable to say that a truly secure person is a content person. Those of us who are insecure tend to keep searching for that security in different things (ie job, material possessions, relationships with people). In the end though every thing on this earth is going to fail us, so there we are right back to that original insecurity. Verse 1 tells us how to have the security we seek and the contentment God intened us to have. The following commentary says it very well:

'Ps 62:1"In him alone do I trust; there is calmness of mind; I have no apprehension as to what can happen. My mind is at peace, for I feel that all is in the hands of God, and that lie is worthy of entire trust and confidence." The feeling is that which exists when we have entrusted all to God; when, having entire confidence in his power, his goodness, his wisdom, his mercy, we commit the whole case to him as if it were no longer our own. Such is the calmness-the peace-the quiet-the silence of the soul-when all is left with God.' (from Barnes' Notes, Electronic Database. Copyright (c) 1997 by Biblesoft)

If we place our trust in God, He is our security, our peace of mind, our rock. Nothing can shake us when we are resting in Him. There will be many earthquakes in our lives. We can choose to be rocked and shaken or we can choose to stand on the unshakable rock of Christ Jesus. I know He is my salvation and no matter what happens on this earth one day I will be in Glory with Him. Hallelujah!

Have a blessed week!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Guy and Julie said…

    Psalm 62:1-2 is one of my favorite passages--it is so comforting. Reading it always stills my mind when I am upset, stressed, afraid, or worked up about something. The words of the passage are the bottom line for anything that comes up. Thanks for your thoughts on it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home