My Nickels Worth

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure,acceptable, or commendable."

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Mother's Prayer

Dear Lord,
Please show me the hypocrisy in myself. Show me what I do that I don't want them to do - so I can stop.
Show me how to be the person I want them to be - when they grow up. For I know, they will do as I do, and not as I say.
As I desire to know You more - I pray they do too.
Help me to train them instead of yell at them.
Remind me to nurture them instead of blowing them off because I am busy.
May kind words and a gentle tone come out of my mouth - so they too will have kind words and a gentle tone.
Let them see in me compassion, gentleness, patience, and kindness as I see those traits in Jesus Christ.
I pray that only truth and righteousness be found in me, so that it will also be found in them. Father, remind me daily to choose to give you full reign over my life, so I will be a reflection of You.
I pray Lord they see my love for them as I see Your love for me.
I will purposely set my feet on Your path of Holiness because I know that two pairs of smaller feet are right behind mine.

You cannot teach your children what you do not know, and you cannot go where you do not want your children to go.
Michelle

Please visit my website at www.thenarrowpath.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home