What I learned at Children's Camp
When I asked her what she learned at camp, she couldn't remember. The message of the week was basically how to live for God and to live out His plan and purpose for you, it could have possibly been a little over her head since she's only 9.
I can tell you what I learned though. (I was the counselor for the 3rd grade girls and there was 7 of them in my room).
I learned that:
1. Our children are not getting enough exercise. They complained the day after the hike about being sore. I wasn't sore and I haven't worked out in 2 months.
2. Our children are hooked on electronics and have a hard time learning if it isn't a video game or tv show. We could hardly keep them awake and focused during worship and they were so uninvoled in Bible study. I taught Bible study to 3 different groups of 3rd and 4th graders and in each one I asked them "what was Moses' mission?" In all 3 groups I received the answer "to build the ark." I know how many times these kids have heard these Bible stories, why are they not retaining the information?
3. 3rd grade girls have not yet learned they can't say everything they think, which resulted in a lot of tears and hurt feelings for the week!
4. My mission to train up my children in the ways of the Lord is growing tougher every day. I am going to have to compete with tv, video games, the computer and many other things that my parents didn't have to deal with.
5. Finally I learned that I am getting old! I was completely exhausted all weekend. Of course my daughter was too but 9 years olds still need a lot of sleep also.
All in all it was a good week. The Lord blessed us with good weather, no sickness, no injuries and the biggest praise of all a few of the children were saved! The times the girls were not fighting I loved listen to them talk and play and hearing their giggles made it all worth it.
I hope you are enjoying your summer and spending some time making memories with your family.
Have a blessed Summer!